Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Adventures of HOME!

WE'RE HOME! After proving that he was strong enough to come home, Bauer was discharged from the NICU Wednesday morning and we were sooo excited to bring out little man home! I was honestly very nervous about the oxygen tube and the heart/lung monitor but they've actually just been more annoying than stressful. We are proud to report that he has never set the monitor off himself, but the leads have come loose causing the machine to make this very loud and very aweful sound!
Since being home Bauer has...
*Been a great eater and sleeper. His second night home, he slept from 1:45 to 6:30 without making a fuss! I can't say last night was as great....haha but we seriously cannot complain!
* loves the excess of kisses from mommy and grandma...ok maybe not-- but he get's them anyway!
*dreamt daily of using the REAL golf clubs Papa brought his last week! They are seriously the cutest things I've ever seen! We're skipping the fisher price snoopy set and jumping right to the big leagues! We've been telling Bauer he better get good and go pro so he can help us pay off his medical bill! haha
*made a trip to the Dr. where we found out he has grown an inch and is up 2 ounces from his birth weight! good boy! The Dr. also informed us that we would decide if he still needed oxygen after a month but that he would have to be on the monitor for 2 months! grrr. I'm sure they have the data and the research to back up that decision--but you just hope it's necessary and not just a protocall they are following.
*got to hang out lots with Dad! It's so cute! I think Andrew is still slightly scared of breaking him or ripping off a lead, but Bauer is sooo lucky to have a dad who adores him like Andrew does!
*enjoyed his first bath at home without getting too mad!
*melted my heart! I can't believe how much I love being his mom! He is such a joy and I love hanging out with him all day.

3 comments:

Gloria said...

Sooooooo cute! :) I love these pictures too! :) I bet it's so nice having him home and so fun holding and kissing him ALL day long! :)

Mike and Lauren said...

Hooray! You're home! That is so exciting...and he is one adorable baby!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY he's home! I've been getting all the updates from Jyl. He is adorable by the way. So cute. I see a lot of Silliman in him:) I am glad that he made it home safe and sound. I hope you are doing good and taking care of yourself too:) BRooke