13 lbs 8 oz
24 inches long
25th percentile for everything
Let me just say this is a far cry from the 3rd percentile we started out on when he was 4 weeks early! YEAY BAUER-- you're doing sooo good.
Dr. Pang (who was just as excited as I was) is so excited about his progress. He said if that would have been the first time he'd seen Bauer, he would never have known he had complications at the start. That's what I like to hear! Dr. Pang also admitted that he initially had had some neurological concerns with Bauer (something that came up in the NICU multiple times) but that those concerns are long gone now. He's happy, healthy and thriving-- music to his mothers ears.
@ 4 months Bauer loves....
- Toys-- he's starting to really like having them in his reach. He grabs them and tries to put them in his mouth. It's so amazing to watch him learn and develop.
- being played rough with-- he's all boy!
- kicking and splashing in the bath
- Laughing more and more-- a nice reassurance for mom, maybe I am doing something right!
- looking up at mom and smiling, laughing and talking while he's suppose to be eating! (hard to resist let me tell you!)
- his hands...still, but also mommy and daddy's hands. He'll grab our thumbs and pinky fingers and just look and stare as we move our fingers. Cheap toy huh!?
- Laying on his back-- thank goodness because with the remodel we've been having to just put him down when we're all painted up and stuff.
@ 4 months Mommy loves...
- Making Bauer laugh and smile all day long
- just watching him figure out the world around him little by little
- singing my country favorites super loud to him while he lies on his mat and I feverishly paint the new house
- helping him figure out his new toys
- cuddling with him when he lays his head down on my shoulder
- sleeping more since he's doing a 5-7 hour stretch in the middle of the night! woohoo!
- loving him more than I ever though humanly possible!
2 comments:
I am so glad that you are both doing so well! I bet you feel like a new woman, getting some good regular sleep. I love his costume!
Oh, Haley, this is just fabulous news! Actually, I think the news about his sleeping more--for mommy's sake--is just about equal to all his doctor visit's news! (I was just about ready to call for a family "fast.") He couldnt' be doing better. What a truly wonderful job you are doing with that little guy. I think the pictures of him are SOOOOOO cute! The one in his hood is spectacular. What a face; what a face!! Thanks for updating so often. I've had a ball watching Bauer grow up from the other coast! [insert grandma tears here.] Love, hugs and kisses to you all.
Post a Comment