Sunday, December 19, 2010

We're "Knee Deep" in snow!


I mean seriously-- there's a ton of snow on the ground! Bauer loves it!


In other news, this is seriously the place we call home!! I know I post scenic pictures a lot, but I am in constant awe! Wednesday was the most beautiful day-- here's the morning and night shot. And don't worry, this is from inside my house-- the front wall of our family room is all windows...this is why!!!!

Not only did we get 3 huge boxes of presents from Grandma and Grandpa Ellis this week, but we put the boxes themselves to good use as our nighttime family activity! I don't know who had more fun, Bauer or his parents.


I've also been thinking a lot about my time in Ecuador. I can't believe I'm coming up on 4 years since I went. It seems like just yesterday. I wanted to post a trillion of the most precious pictures and memories, but we don't post pictures to protect the privacy of the orphans and the nuns. I am soooo eternally grateful for that experience. And as I reflect on the blessings of my life during this holiday season, I will never be able to forget or dismiss the amazing affect those amazing children had in shaping who I am today. I don't talk about it too often now, but I think about them most everyday, wondering where they are, what games they're learning to play, what trouble they're finding to get into ;) and what their future may hold. They have so little, but love so much. I'm grateful for the volunteers that continue to go--to love those children as much as I did and do. I know my Heavenly Father has a plan for each one of them, and he knows and loves them. I can't wait to meet up with them on the other side, to embrace them, espcially my precious little Chio and to see them all be embraced in the love of a family.
If you or anyone you know is willing or looking for an opportunity to serve in orphanages oversees or are interested in sponsoring a child or orphanage, please contact me or go to orphanagesupport.org

this painting by Del Parsons depicts the Savior with our host family (the Roseros) and many of the orphans I had the privilege of loving.

OSSO is changing the lives of so many kids, and as you get involved I testify that it will change your life as well. I am eternally grateful to OSSO, to my parents, and to my then fiance Andrew who gave me the opportunity and support I needed to be able to meet and love those children.
To my OSSO girlys who keep up with my blog, please know how much I love you and cherish the time we spent there together. I miss you all!!



3 comments:

Gloria said...

That is the BEST spaceship ever!! how fun!! ALSO those pictures are gorgeous!! how great to look outside and see that every day! Hope you guys keep warm!!

STAYC said...

I love this post! :) Miss you!

I love the painting that Del Parsons did, I can't look at it without getting a little choked up. Bauer has gotten so big! I bet that is so much fun for you!!!! I'm glad you guys have gotten all settled in. :)

Jessie, Garan, and Sammy said...

I love you Haley!!! I miss you and think about Ecuador often as well! That painting is beautiful. I would LOVE to go back and take Garan and little Sammy! When I hold her I think of our other little kiddos. I miss them! Bauer is darling and hopefully when you come down to Utah we can get together.