Friday, June 18, 2010

We just got back a couple days ago from a fun trip to Black Butte for the Sister's Rodeo. Let me tell you, it never disappoints! Although this year was MUCH different for me as I missed ALL the bull riding playing with Bauer in the shady grass behind the bleechers... he obviously doesn't quite understand how important that rodeo is to mommy! haha. Good thing he's cute huh??
We stayed a couple extra days with my sister in law and her adorable kids while the boys played in a golf tournament. We swam and went on walks and bike rides, and mostly just visited while the kids played which was so fun! I love any time I get to spend with Erin!















Tuesday afternoon we headed straight to Kennewick Washington for my Grandmothers funeral. It was a perfect service and a great tribute to an amazing woman. I'm soo grateful for my time with her, especially these last few weeks I was able to spend helping and serving her and being by her side. I was able to see her just a couple hours before she passed and was comforted to know that she was ready and wanted to go, that she wasn't in pain, and that I will see her again.


On another note, Andrew and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary this past Tuesday. We both had to laugh while we drove to Kennewick and Bauer screamed for the first 2 hours. It was a great commentary on how different life is now! But we wouldn't change it for the world. We're going to the Lion King at the Keller tonight and we both can't wait! I sure love Andrew and am excited for what our future holds.


first date wedding day hawaii '07



2 comments:

Mike and Lauren said...

Your little Bauer is growing up so fast!! Isn't it funny when things change from them being content to sit in their seat everywhere you go to having to play in the grass? Hope you guys enjoy Lion King! Miss you Haley!

Jesse, Nicole and Elle said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you had a great time at the rodeo and spending time with your family. One day I'm going to have to talk Jesse into going out there, competing in that rodeo and coming to see you guys!