So we put our heads together to create a Monster Campfire. (If you weren't already aware, I teach Resource, so we pretty much do 30 minute pull-outs all day.) Our situation is perfect for this because we can deck out our room and it's really not in the way of any other activities for the day! So we hung lights on the ceiling like lights, built a fake fire, invited my awesome brother-in-law mike to come play the guitar for us around the "fire," and made some smore's treats. Did I mention that Nicole and I were full-on Monsters? It was so much fun, especially for Nicole and I- we were having a blast! Anyway-- here's some pictures to make you all jealous you aren't in Mt. Loafer's Special Education Class!
(Did I mention we made Mike dress up like the Purple People Eater?? What a trooper!!! Thanks Mike!)
4 comments:
You are one cool teacher! I bet everyone at the school wishes they would have been in your class that day. You look great. I love you and am really missing you
I am soo impressed with your costume!!! I love the face paint! We've really got to hang out sometime soon.
p.s. Josh was so proud to run into Andrew on campus and show off his broken finger. Just like a little kid!
SOoo cute! I'm glad I have your blog now. We should send teaching ideas back and forth to eachother ;) Hope everything is going well for you! Are you teaching next semester/year or have you stuck to your sub theory?
How fun! Tell Mike he makes an awesome Barney, I mean purple people eater! You looked pretty spooky yourself. Miss you and love you tons. -La
Post a Comment